This week marks the end of 28 years of food habits. Well at least it's a start to breaking some habits. First of all, after a lot of research by my husband, he has discovered that it is the animal protein, not the fat that is the most potent carcingenic around. Scary. And the fat is pretty much like all other fats and that is what causes obesity and heart disease. Fact in point: I was watching a documentary just last night on Dave Thomas, founder of Wendys. In his late 50's or early 60's he suffered a massive heart attack. At the age of 69 he passed away from liver cancer. All during this time he dealt with unhealthy obesity. Hmmm... that's interesting. After doing all this research and then learning about his health problems, it falls into line with what he ate all the time. Meat & animal products. Now, I'm not blaming Mr. Thomas or trying to make a point through condimnation. I'm just merely using it as an example. During his lifetime I don't think any of this research was available anyway.
I went to the doctor the other day to hear the baby's heartbeat and get some blood work done. While I was waiting for my turned to get stabbed with a needle ( I hate needles) I looked around and saw with whom I was in company. It was a few obese people scattered among some frail and sick elderly people. I thought to myself, I don't want to be that way. I don't want to spend my life sick and going to and from doctor's appointments trying to fix my ailments through drugs and medicine. (I'm not saying anything is wrong with medicine btw).
Did you know that 70 % of weight loss is diet related?
So, hopefully I have you curious enough to maybe do some of your own research. Here are some resources to help you begin your journey to a healthier lifestyle.
1. The Engine 2 Diet by Rip Esselstyn
2. Prevent & Reverse Heart Disease by Caldwell B. Esselstyn Jr., M.D.
3. The New McDougall Cookbook by John A. McDougall, M.D., & Mary McDougall
When Micah's dad had a heart attack a number of years ago, he went on the diet for two years that Dr. Esselstyn recommends and it totally reversed his condition. And his cholesterol dropped significantly.
Research for yourself. Save your life.
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Finally! I have been waiting for you to write something new! You have got my interest piqued. Thanks! I wonder what the research on deer meat is? That's pretty much all the red meat we eat. Hmm, okay, off to do some research...
ReplyDeleteIf you are going to eat meat, game meat is better from what I understand. You are good with your deer meat!
ReplyDelete