flippen family 2014

flippen family 2014

Monday, February 1, 2010

Veggie Shreds

Today was a new adventure for my family.  Since going on this whole "vegetarian" lifestyle I have yet to let go of my cheese...until tonight.  I have really been wanting pizza lately but was facing the whole cheese delima thing.  While at the grocery store early (yes, early- 7am early) this morning I found in the mock meat & dairy section this new item called Veggie Shreds.  Apparentily it is an alternative to cheese.  What the heck- I bought some.  After making very yummy, gluten & dairy free crust I added my pizza sauce and then came the time to put the cheese on.  Okay so I chickened out.  I mixed the Veggie Shreds and Sargento's Mozzerella (it was on sale- how could I resist???) cheese together and put it on my pizza.  The result?  A quote from Micah, "I think this may be the best cheese pizza I've ever had."  SUCCESS!!!!  I'm a fan of Veggie Shreds ( mixed with cheese of course!)  =)

1 comment:

  1. veggie shreds don't melt. False cheese makes me nervous. But, come to think of it, so does real live cheese. Agh.
    When are you going to post more sistah?

    ReplyDelete