So, I have to dedicate this first blog to my older sister, Beth. Of course if she does something that is inspiring and hopelessly romantic, I have to at least attempt it. Not that blogging is hopelessly romantic, but I guess in my world, it has potential. Bottom line- Beth now has a blog. And so I had to at least try it. Thanks Beth! Well, maybe I should thank you later. I may regret this. Anyway- since this is dedicated to Beth, the only appropriate thing to do is to write a story about her.
Beth. Beth is almost two years older than me and always seemed to be the ring leader in our duo gang. She would come up with the ideas and I would be the executer (more like the guinea pig). I can remember one time that she decided it would be an absolutly fantastic idea to climb in our next door neighbors tree. The only problem was the lowest branch was out of our reach. Beth, being the brains of our opperation came up with the genious idea to throw a rope over the branch, tie me to one end and hoist me up to the branch and then I would lower the rope back down her her. Sounds good in theory. Reality though had a different outcome. We got as far as getting the rope over the branch and me tied to the rope and hanging helplessly in the air when our parents came out and sadly, ended our adventure.
It's okay, it was the thought that counted right?
I'm so glad and blessed I have an older sister who loves the Lord, has an amazing husband and two adorable children and included me in on her wild and adventerous childhood.
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a sweet story- you are SUCH a special family! I look forward to keeping up with you this way!
ReplyDeleteNow, if you can just get Kim on the blogging bandwagon...!
I REMEMBER THAT!!! LOLOLOL. I remember thinking, "it's working!" And you were hanging there patiently with all the circulation slowly being cut off. Then mom and dad had to come ruin it all. I am so excited you are blogging. This is going to be great!
ReplyDeleteBy the way. This was not the only time that happened as I remember...
ReplyDeleteNow that I think about it- that tree was in your yard Julie!
ReplyDelete